Enjoy the full experience of seeing and understanding the mahouts and elephants relationship with trekking, kayaking and Lao’s food.
Day 1: Transfers, elephant bath, visit to Lao Elephant Homeland Center, trekking with the elephants to the forest, visit injured elephant, elephant bath, trekking back, transfer to guesthouse, dinner
– 11:30 am: Pick up at the Bus Station and transfer to guesthouse. Short trip to LEH. After 5-minute drive to LEH, an English-speaking guide will welcome you to the Center.
– 12:00 pm Lunch . You will enjoy Lao food with our mahout and guide at the LEH restaurant.
– 13:00 (1:00 pm): Elephant bath. You will observe or bath the elephants enjoying the water.
– 13:30 (1:30 pm): Trekking with the elephants to their night resting place. During this time you will be able to exchange knowledge with the guides and experience the relationship that mahouts establish with the elephants. You will lear the names and history about each elephant and their mahouts.
En route you will pass forests, farms, village houses and rice fields.
A guide will talk to you about the work of the organization – the only elephant organization in Sayaboury run by Laotian people; the close relationship of mahouts and elephants; elephants behaviors & curiosities; and will show you the forest and landscape around.
– 15:00 (3:00 pm): Visit the injured elephant. The guide will explain to you the background of the elephant’s injury. You will have the opportunity to get up close and personal… give him a hug and good energy! After that, you will observe the elephants enjoying the water.
– 16:00 (4:00 pm): Trekking back to the Elephant Homeland Center. The guide will talk more about the elephant behavior. In the way back, you can also have the experience of seeing the mahouts forest knowledge. They will show you which plants you can use for medicine, eating or curiosities related with them.
– 17:30 (5:30 pm): Transfer back to the guesthouse. Time for your leisure. Rest and have a shower.
– 19:00 (7:00 pm): Dinner. You will enjoy the company of your hosts and other visitors and eat a delicious dinner of Lao food.
Day 2: Breakfast – transfer to LEH. – Care activity – Elephant bath time – Kayaking – Lunch – Transfer to guesthouse
– 07:30 am Breakfast. Enjoy a Western style breakfast served in our guesthouse
– 08:30 am Transfer to LEH
– 9:00 am Care Activity: Under the guidance of the mahout and guide, you will prepare food for the elephant. You will hide the food — the exercise is very good for him because it helps to stimulate the brain by its physical and social surroundings.
– 10:00 am: Elephant Bath and Observation: First, you will see the elephant bath. And after you are going to observe the elephant looking for the food that you have hide.
– 11:00 am: Kayaking. Enjoy kayaking along the Nan Houng River. You will see organic farms and the daily life of the people of Sayaboury.
– 12:30 pm: Lunch at the Guesthouse. You will enjoy Lao food at the guesthouse.
– 14:00 (2:00 pm). Departure. You can choose to stay one more night resting here or to depart to other cities (Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng). *Accommodation and dinner is not included for staying this one more night.
The buses timetable:
- 8:00 am or 14:00 (2:00 pm) to Luang Prabang
- 15:00 (3:00 pm) to Vientiane
- 15:00 (3:00 pm) to Vang Vieng
- 9:00 am to Loui Province in Thailand
Prices (Per Person): $150.00
The Price includes:
- English-speaking guide on site
- Food (four meals), drinking water, and accommodation for 2 nights
- One night at the Guesthouse (double), with facilities (hot shower, wifi, TV, Air conditioning and fan)
- Activities as described
- Van Transfers to and from Bus station Guesthouse and LEH
- First aid kit
- Safety Jacket
The Price excludes:
- Personal expenses (lunch on the first day, soft drinks, cocktails, snacks, tips)
- Travel Insurance
- Bus ticket or mini Van ticket to and from Sayaboury
- Bank transfer fees
What to bring:
- Trekking shoes
- Mosquito spray
- Bathing suit and towel for kayaking (bikini or swimming suit are not allowed in the purpose to respect the Lao culture)
Package Recommendation: This package it’s suitable for Young and Medium age because will spend 2 hours for trekking with the elephant and 2 hour trekking back to LEH camp.