Feel close to the elephants while you watch them enjoying a bath, searching for their food and walking through the camp.
– 08:30 am Transfer to LEH
– 9:00 am Care Activity: Under the guidance of the mahout and guide, you will prepare food for the elephant. You will hide the food — the exercise is very good for him because it helps to stimulate the brain by its physical and social surroundings.
– 10:00 am: Elephant Bath and Observation: First, you will see the elephant bath. And after you are going to observe the elephant looking for the food that you have hide.
– 11:00 am: Learning about the Asian elephant. During this time our guide will explain you 3 parts of the elephant: elephant culture, elephant biology and conservation, After that, you will observe the elephants
– 12:00 pm: Lunch at the LEH. You will enjoy Lao food with mahout and guide at the center.
– 13:30 (1:30 pm): Elephant bath. You will observe or bath the elephants enjoying the water.
– 14:00 (2:00 pm): Mahout Lesson. you will be able to learn how to communicate by practice the elephant words, exchange knowledge with the mahout demonstration and show their relationship. After that you will feed them by their favorite fruit and take them to enjoy the water.
– 15:00 (3:00 pm): Say good bye to the elephants .During this time you will do a small trek with the elephant by the way to their resting place and be able to exchange knowledge with the guides and experience the relationship that mahouts establish with the elephants.
– 15:30 (3:30 pm): Trekking back to the Elephant Homeland Center. The guide will talk more about the elephant behavior. In the way back, you can also have the experience of seeing the mahouts forest knowledge. They will show you which plants you can use for medicine, eating or curiosities related with them.
– 16:00 (4:00 pm): Transfer back to the guesthouse.You can choose to stay one night resting here or to depart to Luang Prabang by your own transport( 150$ rent return private Minivan or car from Luang Prabang – Sayaboury ).
*Accommodation and dinner is not included for staying this one night.
The buses timetable:
- 8:00 am or 14:00 (2:00 pm) to Luang Prabang
- 15:00 (3:00 pm) to Vientiane
- 15:00 (3:00 pm) to Vang Vieng
- 9:00 am to Loui Province in Thailand
PRICES (PER PERSON): $100.00
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- English-speaking guide on site
- Food (1 meal) and drinking water
- Activities as described
- Van Transfers to and from Bus station Guesthouse and LEH
THE PRICE EXCLUDES:
- Personal expenses (breakfast, soft drinks, cocktails, snacks, tips)
- Travel Insurance
- Bus ticket or mini Van ticket to and from Sayaboury
- Bank transfer fees
WHAT TO BRING:
- Mosquito spray
Package Recommendation: This package it’s suitable from 3 years old