Do a trekking with the amazing company of elephants and discover more about Lao’s food, landscapes and culture.
Day 1: Transfers, elephant bath, visit to Lao Elephant Homeland Center, trekking with the elephants to the forest, visit injured elephant, elephant bath, trekking back, transfer to guesthouse, dinner
– 11:30 am: Pick up at the Bus Station and transfer to guesthouse. Short trip to LEH. After 5-minute drive to LEH, an English-speaking guide will welcome you to the Center.
– 12:00 pm Lunch . You will enjoy Lao food with our mahout and guide at the LEH restaurant.
– 13:00 (1:00 pm): Elephant bath. You will observe or bath the elephants enjoying the water.
– 13:30 (1:30 pm): Trekking with the elephants to their night resting place. During this time you will be able to exchange knowledge with the guides and experience the relationship that mahouts establish with the elephants. You will lear the names and history about each elephant and their mahouts.
En route you will pass forests, farms, village houses and rice fields.
A guide will talk to you about the work of the organization – the only elephant organization in Sayaboury run by Laotian people; the close relationship of mahouts and elephants; elephants behaviors & curiosities; and will show you the forest and landscape around.
– 15:00 (3:00 pm): Visit the injured elephant. The guide will explain to you the background of the elephant’s injury. You will have the opportunity to get up close and personal… give him a hug and good energy! After that, you will observe the elephants enjoying the water.
– 15:30 (3:30 pm): Trekking back to the Elephant Homeland Center. The guide will talk more about the elephant behavior. In the way back, you can also have the experience of seeing the mahouts forest knowledge. They will show you which plants you can use for medicine, eating or curiosities related with them.
– 17:00 (5:00 pm): Transfer back to the guesthouse.You can choose to stay one night resting here or to depart to Luang Prabang by your own transport( 150$ rent return private Minivan or car from Luang Prabang – Sayaboury ).
*Accommodation and dinner is not included for staying this one night.
Prices (Per Person): $60.00
The Price includes:
- English-speaking guide on site
- Food (1 meal) and drinking water
- Activities as described
- Van Transfers to and from Bus station Guesthouse and LEH
The Price excludes:
- Personal expenses (lunch on the first day, soft drinks, cocktails, snacks, tips)
- Travel Insurance
- Bus ticket or mini Van ticket to and from Sayaboury
- Bank transfer fees
- First aid kit
What to bring:
- Trekking shoes
- Mosquito spray
Package Recommendation: This package it’s suitable for Young and Medium age because will spend 2 hours for trekking with the elephant and 2 hour trekking back to LEH camp.