Enjoy a whole forest experience by camping with mahouts and elephants. You will be able to understand more about their relationship, do some kayaking, trekking and enjoying a Lao’s jungle food.
Day 1: Transfers, elephant bath, visit to Lao Elephant Homeland Center, trekking with the elephants to the forest, visit injured elephant, elephant bath, trekking back, transfer to guesthouse, dinner
– 11:30 am: Pick up at the Bus Station and transfer to guesthouse. Short trip to LEH. After 5-minute drive to LEH, an English-speaking guide will welcome you to the Center.
– 12:00 pm Lunch . You will enjoy Lao food with our mahout and guide at the LEH restaurant.
– 13:00 (1:00 pm): Elephant Bath. You will observe or bath the elephants enjoying the water.
– 13:30 (1:30 pm): Trekking with the elephants to their night resting place. During this time you will be able to exchange knowledge with the mahouts. En route you will pass forests, farms and rice fields.
A guide will talk to you about the work of the organization—the only elephant organization in Sayaboury run by Laotian people— and will show you around the beautiful LEH garden.
– 15:00 (3:00 pm): Visit the injured elephant. The guide will explain to you the background of the elephant’s injury. You will have the opportunity to get up close and personal… give him a hug and good energy! And then you gonna see the elephant bath.
– 16:00 (4:00 pm): Bringing the Elephant to their resting place. The elephant gonna stay at the resting place.
– 16:30 (4:30 pm): Set up your tent and taking a shower. Time for set up your tent at the camping area. Have a natural shower at the river if you desire. The toilets are also in the jungle and don’t throw any rubbish in the forest.
– 17:30 (5:30 pm): Dinner. It’s time for having a good meal with the company of the guides and the mahouts eating some of Lao’s jungle food. Enjoy it!
– 18:30 (6:30 pm): Experience the jungle life. The guide is going to talk more about Lao’s culture, Laotian people. And you can also experience the way Lao’s people take care of the jungle. In the whole night you are going to here some sounds of nature (frogs, the elephant eating, crickets, and so on). Don’t be scared, you are with experienced guide and mahouts. Just listen then!
– 19:30 (7:30 pm): Chat with the mahouts and guide. Enjoy the stars and a breathtaking sky with the company of mahouts and your guide. This is the time to chill out and have a nice conversation.
– 20:30 (8:30 pm): Time do sleep. Hear the sounds of nature and enjoy a good night at your tent.
Day 2: Breakfast – Trekking back to LEH – Observe Elephant bath and Care activity – Kayaking – Lunch – Transfer to guesthouse
– 07:30 am Breakfast. Enjoy a Lao style breakfast served in our camping area.
– 08:00 am Trekking back to Lao Elephant Homeland Center. Enjoy the landscape – you will be able to see the forest, rice fields, village houses and farms. In the way back, you can also have the experience of seeing the mahouts forest knowledge. They will show you which plants you can use for medicine, eating or curiosities related with them.
– 10:00 am: Elephant Bath and Observation: Time for the relaxing elephant’s bath. After you will be able to observe them looking for food – the exercise is very good for him because it helps to stimulate the brain by its physical and social surroundings.
– 11:00 am: Kayaking. Enjoy kayaking along the Nan Houng River. You will see organic farms and the daily life of the people of Sayaboury.
– 12:30 pm: Lunch at the Guesthouse. You will enjoy Lao’s food at the guesthouse.
– 14:00 (2:00 pm). Departure. You can choose to stay one more night resting here or to depart to other cities (Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Vang Vieng). *Accommodation and dinner is not included for staying this one more night.
The buses timetable:
- 8:00 am or 14:00 (2:00 pm) to Luang Prabang
- 15:00 (3:00 pm) to Vientiane
- 15:00 (3:00 pm) to Vang Vieng
- 9:00 am to Loui Province in Thailand
Prices (Per Person): $160.00
The Price includes:
- English-speaking guide on site
- Tents and sleeping bags for overnight
- Food (4 meals L-D-B-L) and drinking water
- Activities as described
- Van Transfers to and from Bus station Guesthouse and LEH
- First aid kit
- Safety jacket
The Price excludes:
- Personal expenses (lunch on the first day, soft drinks, cocktails, snacks, tips)
- Travel Insurance
- Bus ticket or mini Van ticket to and from Sayaboury
- Bank transfer fees
What to bring:
- Trekking shoes
- Mosquito spray
- Jacket or coat (the weather can get cold at night)
- Bathing suit and towel for kayaking (bikini or swimming suit are not allowed in the purpose to respect the Lao culture)
Package Recommendation: This package it’s suitable for Young and Medium age